Discover the Dradek Difference!
- Duradek sheet vinyl membranes can be applied and used immediately.
- The Duradek system is pre-engineered at the manufacturing facility under strict, 3rd party quality control.
- Duradek is installed in a single application, in almost any weather condition.
- Duradek membranes will never peel, chip, delaminate or crack.
Duradek vs Wood
With Duradek sheet vinyl membranes, a single application provides the waterproofing and an attractive surface in one product solution. Once the substrate is prepared, the Duradek sheets are rolled-out, glued down, and mechanically fastened at the perimeters. The sheets are fused together with a hot air welding process for a completely waterproof membrane.
Functional advantage of Duradek membranes over Wood Decks
- No ongoing maintenance – once Duradek is installed, there is never any reapplication required for it to continue its waterproofing performance so no risk of structural compromise from wood rot.
- No chance of cracks or splinters to compromise waterproof protection or cause discomfort to bare feet.
- With only a light scrub and rinse seasonally, Duradek will stay looking great – potentially for decades.
Duradek vs Concrete
While concrete does not rot, it will crumble over time as moisture and rust can seep into it, destroying the integrity of the structure. Its porous surface is easily stained and a sealant will need to be regularly applied to prevent staining and cracking – and once it has begun to crack, it will not stop. Installation is complicated by the need for dry conditions for installation and curing time before use.
Functional advantage of Duradek membranes over Concrete Decks
- No need for re-application. Duradek is a permanent waterproofing solution.
- Duradek can be installed in almost any weather condition and can be used immediately after installation with no drying or curing time required.
Duradek vs Composite Decking
- Duradek has a proven performance history and has been consistently manufactured in North America for nearly half a century, so there is no guesswork about its actual performance vs promises.
- Duradek will never chip, crack or deteriorate, compromising structural safety.
- Duradek has been around for over 4 full warranty cycles with the same ownership, so you can be confident that its warranty holds value and that the homeowner is protected.
Duradek vs Liquid Applied SystemsTraditional liquid applied waterproofing systems need ideal conditions for application. This process can require entranceways, walkways, and common areas to be closed off for lengthy periods to accommodate multiple stages of application and curing time. If there is any trapped moisture present, it can accelerate rot or cause the coating to bubble and peel, exposing the underlying structure to the elements. Because it dries to a solid surface, expansion and contraction will cause the coating to crack and chip away.
- Easy installation with no mixing, mess or smell…and no guesswork for the applicator.
- No lengthy shutdowns and potentially lost revenues or embarrassing inconvenience.
- Duradek will never peel, chip, delaminate or crack.
Duradek vs Traditional Flat Roof Systems
Traditional roofing products like built-up tar & gravel or torch-down systems that require open flame on the job site can increase job-site risk (those contractors require a much more expensive insurance). These systems requiring open flame are not recommended for installation on occupied space. Plus, separate installation of the walking surface is still required for comfort and aesthetics to enjoy the flat roof as a roof deck.
- Much lower risk on the job site.
- Can be completed over occupied space.
- No need for additional products for a walking surface is needed.